Telemedicine is up and running
Telehealth is here for all evaluations, with the exception of well visits and appointments that require an office treatment or procedure. Telehealth includes an opportunity to speak to a provider. Per the discretion of the medical staff, sick patients specifically with respiratory illness may also be evaluated via telehealth to avoid referrals to the Emergency Room or to avoid unnecessary office consultations that could expose other children or our staff to illness.
Please understand that telehealth visits are scheduled for a 2-hour time range, as directed by triage. Have your phone with you during your time block. When you are sent the link for your visit, please click on it right away to be placed in the virtual “waiting room”. We appreciate your patience.
- Self-scheduled Telemedicine. Existing patients who have been seen in our office within the last 3 years can self-schedule their own telehealth visit using the links below. You will have a choice of any available time in the upcoming 24 hours. Although you will be asked to select an exact time, call backs will be made within a 2-hour window between 8:30 am and 10:30 am and then again between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
- Triage-scheduled Telemedicine. As usual, you can call our office during business hours at 215-735-5600 and speak with a triage nurse directly to plan your visit.
- Telemedicine Consent. Make sure you review the consent in advance. You will be asked to accept the terms at the start of your visit, before it can continue.
- Helpful hints. Reference our “Tips for a Great Telemedicine Visit” here and make the most of your time with your provider.
- Insurance plans. Please note that telehealth visits will be billed to your insurance. Please refer to your plan for details.
- What to Expect. Want to learn more about telehealth and what to expect? Read our blog!
Schedule Appointment Here
If this is a true medical emergency, please dial 911 or visit the nearest Emergency Room.