Center City Pediatrics is devoted to our mission to protect the health and wellbeing of children. Subsequently, we are taking measures to safeguard the health of our patients and our staff, which we depend on for our mission, during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Please note that we have changed our normal operations to reflect the following:
- We continue to work on modified hours at both locations. Center City office hours are 8am – 4:30pm Monday – Thursday and 8am – 4pm on Friday. Bala Cynwyd office hours are to 8am – 4pm Monday – Friday.
- Center City’s Saturday in-person office hours will be reserved for appointments not appropriate via telehealth, such as newborn visits and follow up weight checks. All Saturday sick visits will be conducted through the telehealth platform.
- Bala Cynwyd’s Sunday in-office hours are temporarily suspended. Telehealth visits are available for Sunday mornings.
- As always, no walk-in patients will be evaluated at either location.
- In keeping with the PA Secretary of Health’s order, all individuals entering our offices must be masked – with the exception of children under the age of 2.
- We are not seeing any sick patients at the Bala Cynwyd office. If you are typically seen for your well visit in Center City and prefer to bring your child to the Bala office, we are happy to accommodate you.
- All requests for Center City in-office sick visits will be screened and scheduled by our nurse triage staff. Due to the volume of COVID-19 calls, please expect a longer response time than normal. As always, call backs will be returned based on determined acuity.
- If you are being seen in our Center City office for a sick visit, please contact us by phone when you arrive at the street level lobby of our building. You will be met downstairs and brought into the appropriate waiting area by a staff member.
- To limit exposure of patients and their families, we are limiting routine office visits to patients and 2 caregivers, only. If you are coming for a sick visit, we are requesting only 1 caregiver. No other persons, including siblings, will be permitted unless the sibling also has an appointment. We ask that caregivers with fever or cough avoid accompanying their child to the visit.
- At check-in, all patient caregivers will be asked screening questions about the presence of fever, cough, cold symptoms, travel or recent contact with any COVID-19 confirmed case in the past 14 days. This will aid in appropriate protective measures for other patients and our staff.
- We have reconfigured our waiting room and usage of exam rooms to minimize exposure of healthy children to sick children. Our multipurpose-room will be used for sick visitors, as needed. Please observe all posted signs.
- Routine office visits (well visits) will be rescheduled for children over the age of 18 months.
- If your child is showing any signs of illness on the day of their routine well visit, please call our office to reschedule.
- Telehealth is here for all evaluations, with the exception of well visits and appointments that require an office treatment or procedure. Telehealth is conducted by a provider. Per the discretion of the medical staff, sick patients specifically with respiratory illness may also be evaluated via telehealth to avoid referrals to the Emergency Room or unnecessary office consultation that could expose other children or our staff to illness. Please read the Telemedicine Consent on our website prior to your appointment. Telehealth appointments will be billed to your insurance. Please refer to your plan for details.
- Please understand that telehealth visits are scheduled for a 2-hour time range, as directed by triage. Have your phone with you during your time block. When you are sent the link for your visit, please click on it right away to be placed in the virtual “waiting room”. We appreciate your patience.
- Early Access is back and available for you to self-schedule telehealth appointments. Spaces are limited. In-person office visits cannot be scheduled using Early Access. To access the links, click the “Schedule Telemedicine Appointment” button at the top of our homepage. You will have the opportunity to schedule at any available time in the upcoming 24 hours. If no appointments are available, please contact the office by phone to schedule.
- Not sure if a telehealth appointment is right for you? Read our blog to learn what to expect.
- To help us stay financially viable during these difficult times when visit volume is significantly reduced, insurers have informed us that we can, for the first time ever, bill for phone calls. Certain concierge groups and exclusive private medical groups have always charged patients for this time. As a community-based practice, this has not been our way. However, with this new ruling, we will start submitting provider phone call encounters to insurance companies. Please review with your specific carriers how these encounters will be handled.
- We have removed toys and children’s book bins from our waiting and exam rooms. We ask that you bring your own toys or books for your child’s use during their visit.
- We have canceled all on-site parent education classes, workshops, and support groups until further notice. Some classes are being run virtually. See our class calendar for details and registration information.
- Our email blasts regarding COVID-19 have been archived on our website and can be easily accessed using the “read updates” link at the top of our homepage.
- We are sharing articles, updates and announcements regularly on our Facebook pages (@CenterCityPediatrics, @CenterCityPediatricsBalaCynwyd and @CenterCityPediatricsFishtown). Please like and follow us for current information.
We recognize that these are extraordinary times. We appreciate your patience as we work to keep your children healthy.