Center City Pediatrics is devoted to our mission to protect the health and well-being of children. Subsequently, we are taking measures to safeguard the health of our patients and our staff, which we depend on for our mission, during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Please note that we have changed our normal operations to reflect the following:
- Our Center City and Bala Cynwyd offices have resumed normal Monday – Friday operating hours.
- Fishtown office hours are 8am – 4pm Monday, Thursday and Friday and 9am – 2pm on Wednesdays. Fishtown will be closed on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- No walk-ins will be accommodated at any time at any location.
- Center City’s Saturday in-person office hours remain reserved for appointments not appropriate via telehealth, such as newborn visits and follow up weight checks. All Saturday sick visits will be conducted through the telehealth platform.
- Bala Cynwyd’s Sunday in-office hours are temporarily suspended. Telehealth visits are available for Sunday mornings.
- Appointments for Flu Vaccines can now be self-scheduled on our website. Weekday and weekend appointments are available.
- In keeping with the PA Secretary of Health’s order, all individuals entering our offices must be masked – with the exception of children under the age of 2.
- We are not seeing any sick patients at either the Bala Cynwyd or Fishtown offices. If you are typically seen for your well visit in Center City and prefer to bring your child to the Bala or Fishtown office, we are happy to accommodate you.
- All requests for Center City in-office sick visits will be screened and scheduled by our nurse triage staff. Due to the volume of COVID-19 calls, please expect a longer response time than normal. As always, call backs will be returned based on determined acuity.
- Your pre-visit email/text (sent 48 hours before your appointment) will include a COVID questionnaire. It will be re-sent multiple times in advance of your appointment if you do not respond. If you provide a positive response to any question on this screen, your upcoming appointment will automatically be cancelled. One of our schedulers will reach out to you regarding re-scheduling your appointment.
- If you are being seen in our Center City office for a sick visit, please contact us by phone when you arrive at the street level lobby of our building. You will be met downstairs and brought into the appropriate waiting area by a staff member.
- To limit exposure of patients and their families, we are limiting routine office visits to patients and 2 caregivers, only. If you are coming for a sick visit, we are requesting only 1 caregiver. No other persons, including siblings, will be permitted unless the sibling also has an appointment. We ask that caregivers with fever, cough, recent travel or exposure to a COVID-19 confirmed case avoid accompanying their child to the visit.
- At check-in, all caregivers will be re-screened about the presence of fever, cough, cold symptoms, recent contact with any COVID-19 confirmed case, and travel in the past 14 days. You will be asked for your signature to attest to your responses to these questions. Positive responses to these questions will require us to reschedule your appointment.
- If your child is showing any signs of illness on the day of their routine well visit please call our office to reschedule.
- If you have traveled to a state or country identified by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a “hot spot“, you must complete your 14-day quarantine period before being seen our office. Please contact us by phone to reschedule if your appointment falls during your quarantine period.
- We have reconfigured our waiting room and usage of exam rooms to minimize exposure of healthy children to sick children. Our multipurpose-room will be used for sick visitors, as needed. Please observe all posted signs.
- Routine office visits (well visits) are currently being scheduled in our Center City office for children under the age of 2, 4-, 5-, 11-year olds and teens preparing to go to college. We will announce shortly when we will begin seeing other age groups at that location. Bala Cynwyd and Fishtown have availability for well visits at any age.
- Telehealth is here for all evaluations, with the exception of well visits and appointments that require an office treatment or procedure. Telehealth is conducted by a provider. Per the discretion of the medical staff, sick patients specifically with respiratory illness may also be evaluated via telehealth to avoid referrals to the Emergency Room or unnecessary office consultation that could expose other children or our staff to illness. Please read the Telemedicine Consent on our website prior to your appointment. Telehealth appointments will be billed to your insurance. Please refer to your plan for details.
- Please understand that telehealth visits are scheduled for a 2-hour time range, as directed by triage. Have your phone with you during your time block. When you are sent the link for your visit, please click on it right away to be placed in the virtual “waiting room”. We appreciate your patience.
- Early Access is only available at this time for you to self-schedule telehealth appointments. Spaces are limited. In-person office visits cannot be scheduled using Early Access at this time. To access the links, click the “Schedule Telemedicine Appointment” button at the top of our homepage. You will have the opportunity to schedule at any available time in the upcoming 24 hours. If no appointments are available, please contact the office by phone to schedule.
- Not sure if a telehealth appointment is right for you? Read our blog to learn what to expect.
- To help us stay financially viable during these difficult times when visit volume is significantly reduced, insurers have informed us that we can, for the first time ever, bill for phone calls. Certain concierge groups and exclusive private medical groups have always charged patients for this time. As a community-based practice, this has not been our way. However, with this new ruling, we will start submitting provider phone call encounters to insurance companies. Please review with your specific carriers how these encounters will be handled.
- We have removed toys and children’s book bins from our waiting and exam rooms. We ask that you bring your own toys or books for your child’s use during their visit.
- We have canceled all on-site parent education classes, workshops, and support groups until further notice. Some classes are being run virtually. See our class calendar for details and registration information.
- Our email blasts regarding COVID-19 have been archived on our website and can be easily accessed using the “read updates” link at the top of our homepage.
- We are sharing articles, updates and announcements regularly on our Facebook pages (@CenterCityPediatrics, @CenterCityPediatricsBalaCynwyd and @CenterCityPediatricsFishtown). Please like and follow us for current information.
We recognize that these are extraordinary times. We appreciate your patience as we work to keep your children healthy.