Center City Pediatrics is devoted to our mission to protect the health and well-being of children. Subsequently, we are taking measures to safeguard the health of our patients and our staff, which we depend on for our mission, during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Please note that we have changed our normal operations to reflect the following:
- All locations have resumed normal weekday business hours.
- Weekend hours – Saturdays in Center City (South Street) and Sundays in Bala Cynwyd – are reserved for appointments such as newborn visits and follow up weight checks, as well as non-infectious sick visits. Additional weekend sick visits will be conducted through the telehealth platform.
- No walk-ins will be accommodated at any time at any location.
- In keeping with the PA Secretary of Health’s order for healthcare facilities, all individuals entering our offices must be masked – with the exception of children under the age of 2. Gaiters, bandanas and masks with valves are not appropriate face coverings to wear in our office. Please ask the front desk for a disposable mask upon arrival, if needed.
- Your pre-visit email/text (sent 48 hours before your appointment) will include a COVID questionnaire. Symptoms should be noted not just for the child, but also for any caregiver accompanying the child to the appointment.
- The screener will be re-sent multiple times in advance of your appointment, until you respond. If you do not complete the questionnaire OR if you provide a positive response to any question on this screen, your upcoming appointment will need to be postponed. One of our schedulers will reach out to you regarding re-scheduling your appointment.
- At check-in, all caregivers/children will be re-screened about the presence of certain symptoms, recent contact with any COVID-19 confirmed case, and international travel in the past 14 days. You will be asked for your signature to attest to your responses to these questions. Positive responses to these questions will require us to reschedule your appointment. Again, symptoms should be noted not just for the child, but also for any caregiver accompanying the child to the appointment.
- If you, your child or anyone currently residing in your household is showing any signs of illness on the day of your scheduled routine well visit please call our office to reschedule.
- If you, your child or anyone currently residing in your household has traveled internationally, you must complete your return 14-day quarantine period before being seen in our office. Please contact us by phone to reschedule if your appointment falls during your quarantine period.
- Early Access self-scheduling is currently only available for weekday telemedicine appointments.
- We are not seeing any potentially infectious sick patients at the Fishtown office. If you are typically seen for your well visit in Center City or Bala and prefer to bring your child to the Fishtown office, we are happy to accommodate you.
- All offices are accommodating non-infectious “sick visits” where the COVID-19 screener has been completed without concern. This includes, but is not limited to, weight checks, most rashes, behavioral concerns and injuries.
- All requests for Center City in-office sick visits will be screened and scheduled by our nurse triage staff. Due to the volume of COVID-19 calls, please expect a longer response time than normal. As always, calls will be returned based on determined acuity.
- If you are being seen in our Center City office for a potentially infectious sick visit, please contact us by phone when you arrive at the street level lobby of our building. You will be met downstairs and brought into the appropriate waiting area by a staff member.
- We will use dedicated exam rooms for sick visits, and will schedule to allow for appropriate cleaning after each appointment – including a minimum of 2 hours between each patient.
- At this time, no more than 1 caregiver can accompany a child to their sick visit appointment.
- We are now scheduling routine visits for patients of all ages at all locations.
- With our staff fully vaccinated and infection rates declining in our area, we can now welcome up to 2 caregivers to accompany any child to their well appointment. No additional persons, including siblings, will be permitted unless the sibling also has an appointment. In the event of extenuating circumstances, please contact our office in advance of your appointment to make arrangements.
- Appointments for Flu Vaccines can now be self-scheduled on our website. Weekday and weekend appointments are available.
- Telehealth is here for all evaluations, with the exception of well visits and appointments that require an office treatment or procedure.
- Telehealth availability will be limited to weekday afternoons and weekend mornings, due to the decreasing risk of in-office evaluations.
- Telehealth is conducted by a provider. Per the discretion of the medical staff, sick patients specifically with respiratory illness may also be evaluated via telehealth to avoid referrals to the Emergency Room or unnecessary office consultation that could expose other children or our staff to illness.
- Please read the Telemedicine Consent on our website prior to your appointment.
- Telehealth appointments will be billed to your insurance. Please refer to your plan for details, as many insurers are now shifting costs to the patients instead of paying in full for these visits.
- All weekend telehealth appointments will be scheduled by our nursing staff. Weekday telehealth appointments can be self-scheduled using the “schedule a telemedicine appointment” button on the top of the home page of our website.
- Please understand that telehealth visits are scheduled for a 2-hour time range, as directed by triage. Have your phone with you during your time block. When you are sent the link for your visit, please click on it right away to be placed in the virtual “waiting room”. We appreciate your patience.
- Not sure if a telehealth appointment is right for you? Read our blog to learn what to expect.
- We continue to submit provider phone call encounters to insurance companies for payment. Please review with your specific carriers how these encounters will be handled.
- We have removed toys and children’s book bins from our waiting and exam rooms. We ask that you bring your own toys or books for your child’s use during their visit.
- On-site parent education classes, workshops, and support groups will resume in our Center City (South Street) and Bala Cynwyd locations this fall. Class sizes will be limited, and advanced registration will be required. No walk-ins will be allowed. See our class calendar for details and registration information.
- Our email blasts regarding COVID-19 have been archived on our website and can be easily accessed using the “read updates” link at the top of our homepage.
- We are sharing articles, updates and announcements regularly on our Facebook pages (@CenterCityPediatrics, @CenterCityPediatricsBalaCynwyd and @CenterCityPediatricsFishtown). Please like and follow us for current information.
We recognize that these are extraordinary times. We appreciate your patience as we work to keep your children healthy.