Center City Pediatrics is now scheduling flu shots for the 2023-2024 season. Getting an annual flu vaccine is the first and best way to protect your child from the flu. Flu vaccination can reduce flu illnesses, doctors’ visits, and missed school due to flu, as well as prevent flu-related hospitalizations. The more people who get vaccinated, the more people will be protected from flu, including older people, very young children, pregnant women and people with certain health conditions who are more vulnerable to serious flu complications.
As in prior years, our patients can self-schedule appointments for their flu shots. Obviously, the easiest time to receive the flu vaccine is when you are here for your regularly scheduled well visit. If you have a visit scheduled already, you do not need a separate flu vaccine appointment. For children who are not scheduled for a well visit during the fall/winter season, we have created times for specialized flu shot appointments. We have added staff specifically for these visits. Please read on for more information about this year’s season and use the link at the bottom of this page to schedule an appointment for a flu vaccine.
2023-24 Flu Season Information
Flu shot appointments will be available on both weekdays and weekends. Please make separate appointments for each child that needs a flu vaccine.
Up to 1 additional child can be brought to a sibling’s Well Visit for their Flu Vaccine, assuming you have a scheduled a separate Flu Vaccine appointment for that sibling at the same time.
To prevent crowding, a maximum of 3 children can be in an exam room with a caregiver for Flu Vaccines. When scheduling, please do not book more than 3 consecutive appointments for siblings unless a 2nd caregiver will accompany you on your visit.
As a reminder, children 6 months to 8 years who are receiving the flu vaccine for the first time will need a booster dose 1 month apart to be fully protected. Children under 6 months of age are not permitted to get the flu vaccine. The American Academy of Pediatrics advises that children receive their flu vaccine as early as possible to maximize protection before flu season typically begins.
A few details about flu vaccinations at CCP:
- All parents will be asked a series of questions to ensure that it is safe to give your child the flu vaccine at the time of their appointment.
- No additional medical advice can be offered at these “shot only” appointments.
- Your child can receive a COVID vaccine/booster along with their flu shot. Just let our receptionist know when you arrive if you’d like both.
- We will give flu vaccines only to current, established Center City Pediatrics patients who have had at least one previous visit.
- No co-pay is collected for the flu vaccine visit.
- The flu vaccine is not recommended for children under 6 months of age.
- When you arrive for your visit, you will be asked to complete a Flu Questionnaire. Download it here, if you prefer to complete it in advance: Flu Questionnaire
As with any vaccine, children with a prior history of anaphylaxis to the flu shot (regardless of the component suspected of being responsible for the reaction) should not receive the flu shot.