Date(s) - 06/01/2019
9:30 am - 11:00 am
Center City Pediatrics
Whether you’re going back to your pre-baby job or you decided to take a career break, work might be on your mind. Having a baby affects our career paths and alters our identities in ways we may not anticipate.
This group is for new moms who are returning to their pre-baby jobs and moms who are taking a career break. For those going back to their jobs, the prospect of balancing motherhood and a work can feel overwhelming. Being home with baby presents its own challenges, and adaptation to a new role.
Our group will offer all new moms a safe space for sharing and support. It will also impart practical guidance for transitioning back to work and becoming a stay at home parent. You’ll come away feeling more confident and prepared for what lies ahead.
We will address questions including:
– What if I’m constantly distracted at work?
– If I’m home with my baby, what’s the best way to structure our days?
– How can I prepare for going back to work?
– If I take a career break, will my “resume gap” prevent me from getting a job in the future?
– What if I can’t carry the workload I used to have?
– I’m conflicted about whether I should go back to work – how do I figure it out?
The workshop will be facilitated by Jessica Gilbert, MSW, CMCC. Jessica helps people navigate career and life transitions, guiding them towards balance and fulfillment. Her style blends formal training, life experience, and a dedication to helping people find their career sweet-spot. Jessica is a Certified Career Management Coach (CCMC), has a Masters degree in Social Work (MSW) from Columbia University. She earned her Bachelors (BA) at Cornell University. You can learn more about her work at www.yournextsteps.net
Bookings are closed for this event.