Masking Guidelines Are Changing!
With the lifting of the Public Health Emergency mandating mask usage in healthcare settings, we are changing our protocols at all locations. Effective immediately:
· Masks are encouraged, but optional for all well child visits. If you or your child are experiencing sick symptoms on the day of your well visit, we will exercise caution and require a mask, if possible.
· Masks are required for all sick visits where certain symptoms are present, as directed by our staff at the time the appointment is scheduled. These include, but are not limited to, all visits with fever, respiratory symptoms, or sore throat.
· Our isolation protocol will be followed for all “sick visits” for children who cannot mask reliably as well for those who require extra protection due to medical concerns (or who have caregivers who require extra protection). In this scenario, you must contact the office by phone upon arrival, before you enter the waiting room. You will be met and escorted directly to an exam room.
· When masking is optional, our staff will mask at your request. Please do not hesitate to ask, as we want you to be comfortable in our offices.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office or visit our COVID protocols page for additional information.
Our Family is Growing!
We are excited to welcome Dr. Stephanie Lidd to the CCP team!
Dr. Lidd comes to us after having spent the last 5 years at a private practice in the Philadelphia suburbs. While she has already been part of the CCP family since last summer when she brought her baby to us as a patient, we are thrilled she will now bring her expertise to our staff of medical providers.
Dr. Lidd will see patients in both our Center City (South Street) and Fishtown locations.
You will find Dr. Lidd’s bio on our website, and get to know her a little better in this recent interview she did with our Practice Logistics Manager, Courtney.
Please say hello, introduce yourself and help us in welcoming Dr. Lidd!
Allergies Are (Still) in Full Bloom!
Our triage nurses are still answering lots of calls about seasonal allergies.
In her latest videos, Nurse Julie talks about over-the-counter medication options, but warns that they are not for everyone. Kids with persistent symptoms, medically complex conditions or those already taking prescription meds might need extra support. Take a listen:
Allergies and OTC Meds: Part 2
Want to be the first to see Nurse Julie’s videos? Like and follow us on Facebook and never miss an update!
Want reliable and trusted information about your child’s symptoms or dosing guidelines for common medications? Our extensive medical library is easy to use and available 24/7 on our website!
Enhanced Lactation Support at South Street!
Veronica Briggs will facilitate our Lactation Support Group between 9:30 – 11am each Thursday morning at our South Street office, and will provide individual appointments (both initial and follow-up visits) on-site both before and after that group session.
Advanced scheduling is required for the group as well as for the one-on-one sessions. Walk-ins cannot be accommodated. Reserve your space today:
· Register for a Lactation Support Group
Additionally, your provider may recommend you attend our weekly Weight Check Group (WCG). Held Thursday mornings between 9:30-11am, WCG will be facilitated by Veronica Briggs alongside one of our medical providers. WCG is billed to insurance and will be scheduled at your newborn well visit.
Fishtown Office Scheduling Alert
Our Fishtown office will be closed on Tuesdays until June 6th. We apologize for this inconvenience.
We are happy to report that we have been successful in recruiting more providers to prevent these types of closures at both our Fishtown and Bala Cynwyd locations in the future. With these additions to our team, we also anticipate being able to see many more sick visits at these offices. Stay tuned for additional information!
Both our South Street and Bala Cynwyd locations will have availability for visits on the days Fishtown is closed, and the triage team will be available for calls during business hours. As usual, the on-call provider can be reached after hours by dialing 215-735-5600 and following the prompts.
We appreciate your patience as we manage these staffing challenges.
School is Back in Session!
In-person parent education workshops have returned to both our South Street and *Bala Cynwyd locations. Advanced registration is required for all classes. You do not need to be a patient of practice to join! Visit our website for details, facilitator bios and registration links.
Saturdays 6/3 9:30-11am
*Sunday 6/4 9:30-11am
Thursday 6/1 OR *7/6 OR *8/3 6:30-8pm
Mondays 6/5 OR 7/10 6-7pm
Tuesdays 7/11 OR 8/1 OR 8/8 6:30-8pm
Alternating Tuesdays 1:15 pm-2:15 pm